By the UASG
2023 was a milestone year for Universal Acceptance (UA). From local awareness and training sessions around the world to the inaugural UA Day, global support for and mobilization around UA reached unprecedented levels.
As a way to summarize the outreach and training activities of the Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG), ICANN and contributing stakeholders, the UASG has put together a comprehensive UA Activities Report. The report focuses on key initiatives, outreach activities, technical training, publications, and the first-ever UA Day event that have collectively advanced the cause of UA. In addition to showcasing the community’s collaborative efforts and achievements between July 2022 and November 2023, in alignment with the objectives outlined in the past year’s Action Plan, the report also aims to offer ideas on how people can contribute to the UASG’s mission based on their unique roles, skills and interests.
UA Activities Report highlights include:
- Outreach and engagement activities by ICANN and UASG, particularly by UA Local Initiatives and UA Ambassadors
- Technical training materials on programming languages and email configuration
- Publications to promote UA adoption
- A summary of UA Day 2023 events
- The role of the community in contributing to an inclusive and multilingual Internet
The report is a valuable resource for the entire UA community and anyone looking for UA training resources and information on getting involved in promoting UA.
To learn more about how the UASG plans and organizes its work, read the FY24 Action Plan.
If you’d like to get involved with the UASG, you can:
- Contact the UASG at https://uasg.tech/contact/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join UASG working groups: https://uasg.tech/join/
- Participate in UA general discussions: https://uasg.tech/subscribe
- Report UA problems with other applications: https://uasg.tech/global-support-center/
- Follow the UASG on its social channels: X | Facebook | LinkedIn
Building a global multilingual Internet takes all of us. Many thanks to everyone involved in pulling together the UA Activities Report and the entire UA community for your hard work over the past year in creating an #Internet4All.