Universal Acceptance (UA) Day is an opportunity to rally local, regional, and global communities and organizations around the world to spread general UA awareness and to encourage UA adoption with key stakeholders. The day will consist of UA training, awareness, and strategy sessions held by the Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG), ICANN, global partners, and regional and local organizations.
Contribute to UA Day by organizing an event to promote UA on 28 March 2023. Events should focus around one of the following types of engagement sessions:
- Organize a UA Awareness session: provide a high-level overview of UA and Email Address Internationalization (EAI), the benefits of being UA-ready, basic technical concepts related to UA, and next steps to become UA-ready.
- Organize a UA Technical Training session: provide in-depth training on becoming EAI-ready for email system administrators and on becoming UA-ready for developers.
- Organize a UA Strategy session: discuss appropriate mechanisms to promote UA adoption at the regional level.
Your UA Day event must be registered through the UA Day Event Proposal Form by 31 January 2023. The submission will help determine any support or promotional needs and materials for your event. All events which request for financial or logistic support will be reviewed by UASG as they arrive, and UASG will finalize its decision no later than 20 February 2023. It may take additional few weeks to finalize details to confirm the support.
UA Day Events
A calendar of UA Day events will be provided in the coming months. These events could be done at different levels:
- Local or national level: largely focusing on community within a country.
- Regional level: involves multiple regional and national organizations from multiple countries in a region.
Multiple local, national or regional events are possible.
The UASG is providing limited support for UA Day events.
In order to receive support, the UA Day events must be submitted through the UA Day Event Proposal Form.
In case of any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- UA Awareness and training session presentations (available to download below).
- Limited funding as per the following guidelines (upon request and availability).
- UA speakers or trainers (upon request and availability).
- Guidelines for organizing a UA Day Event (available for download soon).